Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tamilnadu Government Colour Television

Tamilnadu Government run by DMK promised a portable colour television for all in their election manifesto. The DMK government fulfilled its proposal for the people living in T.Nagar today. I received the free 14 inch color television today from the government. A couple of months ago we were asked for photocopies of our ration cards to register for the offer. From that they prepared a list of eligible candidates based on the address proof. Yesterday the party workers came to my house with list and verified my details and after finding my Father's name in the list they handed us a token. The next day we were asked to collect our television set from a corporation school nearby. I went to the school today and showed my token and ration card to the authorities. They marked something in the ration card on the last page and availed me the television set. After some difficulty carrying it home I landed the TV in my house and switch it on. To my delight the system was in perfect working condition and I breathed a sigh of relief.

Some of my neighbours found their names missing from the list. But the councilor assured them that they can also get the TV sets by bringing their ration card and xerox copy directly to the delivery centre. I later found that they had no difficulties in claiming their television sets. Some people had problems with their television sets malfunctioning and I was told that they were replaced immediately. Anyway we are fortunate to have received the television sets and lets hope the government will dispatch them to all Thamizhans very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner